Dialect is a full service digital marketing agency with a specialism in engaging gaming and tech audiences for global brands (including Logitech, NVidia, Blue, Wizards of the Coast, Rebellion, Amazon, Google). We are looking for a highly-engaged Account Director to join our growing UK-based team working with clients based around the world.
This role is Bath based, with regular opportunities to work from home. We are only accepting applicants that are eligible to work in the UK.
Working within the Client Services team, the Account Director leads a set of high profile client accounts within Dialect. They are seen as leaders by the client and internal teams and take responsibility for all work to their client. They do this through developing strong client relationships, providing clear direction to the Dialect teams working on the account and by effective management of any direct reports.
- Leading client accounts within the agency, holding relationships with the senior client stakeholders and an evolved understanding of their needs and business challenges.
- Commercially astute, with a strong grasp of clients budgets, contractual frameworks and all financial measures that ensure a successful performance of the accounts within Dialect.
- Working with strategists, Creative, Media and Insight leads to l understand client needs, by challenging briefs and asking questions, to develop strategies that meet business needs in an effective and accountable way.
- Identifying, developing and converting new business opportunities with existing and future agency clients.
- Managing the work, performance and professional development of direct reports. Focused on their personal and professional development to optimise performance, understanding how to motivate and grow them within the team.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about their client’s business, all things creative, strategy media and insight. Understands each role plays and how that helps the client the work that Dialect can offer to help that help the relationship grow.
- Fosters a clear and focussed culture delivery within the agency. Manages expectations through a clear view on all work happening at any one time across a number of different projects for a number of clients. Unafraid to take charge when necessary, be decisive and then build support for those decisions.
- Understands up front what success looks like and drives a departmental level of service to the client that exceeds their expectations.
- Has responsibility for forward planning – is able to take the lead and responsibility for the Client Services and delivery teams and manages and head off any problems personally or knows when to pull the management team together to plan for dealing with any issues before they happen.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to senior level both with clients and internal management teams.
- A minimum of 5 years’ agency experience, particularly within creative, media and Insight led environments. .
- Suitable for those who are already in an Client Services role at Account Director level.
- Has a strong understanding of digital marketing.
- Experience of managing, developing and nurturing people.
- Integrated marketing campaign experience (desirable).
- Experience and knowledge of the tech and games sectors and products (desirable).
- Experience and knowledge of working with international clients in multiple territories (desirable).
Working for Us
At Dialect we are always looking for ways to improve and develop our people, processes and products. From day one, you are trusted to work with autonomy with the support of a great team behind you. We don’t believe in excessive documentation, but we do value unhindered communication between all our team and customers.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are not as diverse as we’d like to be, but as we grow we want our people to be every bit as diverse and authentic as the audiences we create content for.
We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
- True Flexible Working. We put you in control of your own workload by offering flexible hours and the option to work from home – or wherever you happen to be!
- Time Off. We don’t count holidays. We want you to be well rested and at the top of your game, that’s why we offer unlimited paid annual leave.
- Wellness. Mental health is a top priority to us. As well as personalised wellness action plans, training and self-care sessions, we are continuously working towards creating a culture where people are confident to speak out about their mental health.
- Connecting. We’re a social bunch here at Dialect. Team lunches/dinners, film club, book club, summer and Christmas parties are just a few of the things we enjoy as a team.
- Growth. We encourage continuous professional development and exploration. We run lunch and learn sessions, quarterly performance reviews and a ‘fishbone’ personal development plan.
We create content for the world’s leading tech and gaming brands. We are experts in creating, and placing, valuable video content to engage audiences across all platforms. We have worked with big brands such as Logitech, NVIDIA, Google, Amazon, CCP Games and Wizards of the Coast – to name a few!
- We create emotional connection
- We’re endlessly curious
- We do what we say we’re going to do
- We’re part of your team
- We love to listen
- We’re the coolest geeks in the room