Business Development Manager
Remote / Bath, UK
As Business Development Manager you will focus on lead generation, prospect management and new client acquisition for Dialect. You will be responsible for researching new client opportunities, and provide prospective clients with all services that Dialect offers. You will work with the senior team to deliver against your own and the division’s targets set out in our Sales Strategy.
The successful candidate must be energetic, proactive, able to think beyond the norm, present effectively and show a desire to win new clients for the agency. Ideally you will also have specific knowledge and passion for the Games and Tech industries and strong understanding of the new digital platforms available to the brands within these sectors.
- Identifying, qualifying, and securing business opportunities; coordinating business generation activities; developing customised targeted sales strategies. In doing so use a range of new business methods and tactics including key account sales strategy.
- Building business relationships with current and potential clients.
- Understanding client needs and offering solutions and support; answering potential client questions and follow-up call questions; responding to client requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Cold calling / emailing with purpose; making multiple outbound calls to potential clients; closing sales and working with the client through the closing process.
- Creating and maintaining a list/database of prospect clients inside Hubspot.
- Capturing key comms in order to systematically approach your leads whilst allowing the wider team to see your activity anytime/anywhere.
- Understanding and management of factored pipeline to ensure low risk sales projections.
- Collaborating with management on sales goals, planning, and forecasting in order to refine and amend the agencies approach given market needs, client requests and industry movements.
Collaboration and planning
- Creating impact driven presentations; ensuring you are always placing the agencies best foot forwards in terms of services, philosophy and capabilities.
- Collaborating with the wider business in a way that delivers against client briefs, and utilises time and experience effectively.
- Ensuring a robust and refined process is in place each and every time we take agency IP into a sales conversation.
Job Specific Skills and Attributes
- Preferably agency experience or at least 2 years working inside a sales environment.
- With proven sales results.
- Authentic knowledge of the Games and Tech industries and the primary brands within these sectors.
- Passion for all things digital including new ways of working (internal) and client marketing and engagement opportunities (external).
- Experience with lead generation and prospect management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect, and interact with potential customers.
- Persuasive and goal-oriented.
- Possesses an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanour.
- Able to professionally and confidently communicate with every level of a client’s business.
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team.
`This role will report to a partnering Business Development Manager. The Business Development Manager will also have daily interaction with Dialect’s senior management team including Strategy, Account Management, Creative, Media and Data, Research and Insight.
We are an integrated creative and media agency that specialises in connecting brands with tech and gaming audiences. We have creative, media, data and client services teams based in San Francisco, Los Angeles, London and Bath and our clients include Logitech, Nvidia, Blue Microphones, Wizards of the Coast, Glu Mobile, Extreme Networks and Rebellion.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are not as diverse as we’d like to be, but as we grow we want our people to be every bit as diverse and authentic as the audiences we create content for.
Our core values are
Playfulness – We believe that play unlocks ideas and we take our work seriously (but not ourselves).
Trust – We do the right thing – even when no one is looking.
Kindness – We are always friendly, generous, considerate and honest with each other.
Determination – We are obsessed with being exceptional
The benefits of working for Dialect
True Flexible Working. We put you in control of your own workload by offering flexible hours and the option to work from home – or wherever you happen to be!
Time Off. We don’t count holidays. We want you to be well rested and at the top of your game, that’s why we offer unlimited paid annual leave.
Wellness. Mental health is a top priority to us. As well as personalised wellness action plans, training and self-care sessions, we are continuously working towards creating a culture where people are confident to speak out about their mental health.
Connecting. We’re a social bunch here at Dialect. Team lunches/dinners, film club, book club, summer and Christmas parties are just a few of the things we enjoy as a team.
Growth. We encourage continuous professional development and exploration. We run lunch and learn sessions, quarterly performance reviews and have dedicated time each week for staff to focus on their professional development.