Media planner / buyer
As Media Planner/Buyer (social), you’ll work at the core of Dialect’s media team, helping to develop media strategies into detailed executional/targeting plans, and support them through to execution.
This role will primarily focus on paid social channels (FB, Insta, Reddit, TikTok), however will also support wider planning efforts on the likes of YouTube, display, partnerships and programmatic buying.
The successful candidate will be supported by the wider media team, and will also work closely with our Strategy & Insights team to ensure our campaigns are soundly based on data and audience understanding.
Our client base and work is global – you’ll help create world class campaigns here in the UK, as well as in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop media strategy/plans into detailed executional/targeting plans for paid social campaigns.
- The ideal candidate would have experience working with key social platforms. YouTube, Google Campaign Manager, paid search and DV360 (Or similar DSPs) experience is a bonus, but not essential.
- Brief and oversee the ad ops process of managed campaigns with adops leads.
- Work closely with ad ops & data teams to oversee campaign pe.rformance, and manage ongoing optimisations.
- Work with internal creative teams to ensure best practice alignment of assets to media plans.
- Actively seek out opportunities to develop new and creative ad solutions for our clients.
- Participate in client-facing and internal meetings.
- Manage and build strong relationships with our media owners and platform providers.
- Proven experience in digital media planning and buying.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of biddable social platforms.
- Very experienced at preparing digital media plans, based on client objectives and KPIs and to a given budget.
- Excellent web/media analytics and reporting.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Strong client management skills: experienced at presenting to clients and maintaining and developing relationships with client marketing teams.
- Ability to work well with members of the account team across the agency.
- Experience working with, or a personal interest in gaming and consumer technology.
- Agency-side experience.
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time and priorities.
- Sound strategic thinker with strong creative problem-solving abilities and analytical skills.
- Solutions-oriented with a “can-do” attitude, creatively and strategically.
- Demonstrated ability to be highly organized, have strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Reports to Digital Media Manager.
- Works closely with media planners as well as Strategy/Insight, AdOps and Client Services teams.
This role is UK based, with regular opportunities to work from home. We are only accepting applicants that are eligible to work in the UK.
We create content for the world’s leading tech and gaming brands. We are experts in creating, and placing, valuable video content to engage audiences across all platforms. We have worked with big brands such as Logitech, NVIDIA, Google, Amazon, CCP Games and Wizards of the Coast – to name a few!
Working for Us
At Dialect we are always looking for ways to improve and develop our people, processes and products. From day one, you are trusted to work with autonomy with the support of a great team behind you. We don’t believe in excessive documentation, but we do value unhindered communication between all our team and customers.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are not as diverse as we’d like to be, but as we grow we want our people to be every bit as diverse and authentic as the audiences we create content for.
We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
- True Flexible Working. We put you in control of your own workload by offering flexible hours and the option to work from home – or wherever you happen to be!
- Time Off. We don’t count holidays. We want you to be well rested and at the top of your game, that’s why we offer unlimited paid annual leave.
- Wellness. Mental health is a top priority to us. As well as personalised wellness action plans, training and self-care sessions, we are continuously working towards creating a culture where people are confident to speak out about their mental health.
- Connecting. We’re a social bunch here at Dialect. Team lunches/dinners, film club, book club, summer and Christmas parties are just a few of the things we enjoy as a team.
- Growth. We encourage continuous professional development and exploration. We run lunch and learn sessions, quarterly performance reviews and a ‘fishbone’ personal development plan.